Monday, August 10, 2009

Digital Painting -- Thorns, the Pilot from Flight


medium: photoshop cs4; time: about 4 hours

Sup folks. I decided to digital paint a human being finally. I would say for the first time, but to be technical, it would be for the first time successfully.
But in a foolish and brash decision, the character isn't from Red Wolfe, she's from Flight. The project that died.
This is Charity Madeline Rose, or Thorns. She's a pilot, and a badass. Mutated like the other ladies from Flight, she manipulates Fire, well at that, but she can't do anything flashy like turn back time or throw icebergs. Lighting her own cigarettes or your hair ablaze is her cup of tea.

I don't know, I think it turned out all right.

Actually I just noticed that her bangs get in the way of her eyebrows so it looks like she burnt them off accidentally or something. A problem I'll solve eventually. Live and Learn.

1 comment: