Saturday, July 23, 2011

The importance of having someone draw all over your stuff.

I was debating actually showing progress, but I think it'd be good to have everyone follow what I was working on. This is something I think I'd like to make it into my most recent portfolio update, the girls from Solace in Living Colour!
You might ask why I got someone to draw notes all over the painted version - and that's because this is the rough painted versions (as you might have guessed by the claw/smear hands). The final versions will look much nicer than this chaos. 
I started working on this, just by blocking in their silhouettes - and around where I hit (in terms of progress) in the first image, I realized it was off. So I asked a few peers to help me make some notes on it.


And if there's anything I've learned, it's Don't be afraid to redo something,  because generally speaking it's totally worth it, as you'll see. Enjoy.

Before: 


After:

Also, I added some junk to the side bar, some more links - if you think its too much, let me know. But it's more stuff that I think you'd be interested in. (Unfortunately, the Vis Dev link is still under construction. Give it two weeks)

EDIT, End of the Day:

I asked my good friend Darnell to help me out with #7 (extreme right, numbering goes from left to right, won't get into names), and after much deliberating and whining, I decided to redo her (mostly). I also redid 4 and 6, and now I think they're all on the right track.

Let me know if you think otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment