Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Something Terrible and Something Great

So my computer finally puked all over itself the other day. The harddrive stopped working, and I had to buy a new one to replace it with some assemblance of hope that I’d be able to still read the old one if I put it in an external case.

Pardon the pun, but this was not the case. Harddrive died, and with it several pieces of artwork for Red Wolfe and Flight.

So I’m a bit backlogged. I’m not sure why I posted this, but hey, it’s why I haven’t posted in a while. :)

I’m going to, however, pretend this atrocity of technology never occurred and then continue on with life.

And Something Great! My New Computer’s here! HURRAY!!!

So I’m cleaning my room – and making some well needed space for this beast:


Custom Made Beast, by the name of Horatio Caine. I thought it was appropriate because Horatio always means serious business in CSI: Miami. My Computer’s gonna mean serious business, when it comes to Red Wolfe. However, there’s no room for him yet in my room, he’s far too large and the only desk I have in my room is a drafting desk. So I’m gonna go pick me up a JONAS from IKEA and empty out years of chaos from my humble abode.

And as soon as I do, there will be a digital painting frenzy in my room that’ll last days. Or at least a few hours because by the time its up and running it’ll probably be school.

SPECS:

AMD Phenom II 3.0 GHz Quad Core Processor 8.0 MB Cache
CM 690 MidTower Case
2x Samsung 20” DVI/VGA Monitors (for sake of editing, storyboarding and general multitasking)
4x 2GB Mushkin Memory (RAM)
GeForce 260 GTX Black Edition 896 MB
Corsair 650W Power Supply

There’s more, obviously, but that’s the gist of it. It’ll be still be bent over a table, trust me. After Effects, Maya, Premiere, and Photoshop will bend this computer. Red Wolfe, will bend this computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment